Venezuelans, Judge blocks
Digest more
Top News
Overview
Impacts
CBS News |
"This is totally a positive change," Gonzalez told CBS News Miami, reacting to U.S. District Judge Edward Chen's decision to block the Trump-era plan to end Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for Venez...
Bloomberg L.P. |
The Trump administration said it made an “administrative error” in deporting a suspected MS-13 gang member to an El Salvador prison despite an immigration judge’s order barring his removal to that nat...
U.S. News & World Report |
The lawsuit contends the mass firings will cause irreparable burdens and expenses on the states and the district because they will have to support recently unemployed workers and review and adjudicat...
Read more on News Digest
At dusk on Wednesday, a small group of Venezuelans gathered outside the vacant Salvadoran embassy in Caracas, holding a quiet vigil for their loved ones detained in El Salvador. (AP/Juan Arraez)
On a Thursday morning last month, immigration agents knocked on the door of Leonel Echavez' Dallas home looking for someone else. Despite an upcoming immigration hearing, the 19-year-old Venezuelan was taken into custody for questioning about his tattoos.
About 238 Venezuelans were sent after Trump invoked the Alien Enemies Act of 1798, claiming the transnational gang, Tren de Arauga, was an “invading force.” Civil and immigrants rights groups have argued the deportations of the individuals violated their rights to due process as the deportees had not been convicted of being gang members.
Some Massachusetts families are experiencing a reprieve from the Trump administration's crackdown on immigration while others are left in limbo.
Attorneys for the more than 200 Venezuelans deported to an El Salvador prison say immigration agents used a seemingly arbitrary check-list form to tally points to determine if the migrants belonged to Trend de Aragua.
Explore more